Tom... those water makes on the right corner of the line cabin are not condensation. That was a full flood of water. Last February when Henri and I arrived at this line cabin, we started a big fire in the wood stove and went and did some trail. When we got back that night there was a flood happening in the cabin.
There was deep snow on the cabin roof. The quick heat made the melting snow back up from the eves like an ice damn. This cabin's roof is 2"x 6 " with full insulation. If it was being used more often 2 x 10's with 6 " insulation... allowing a air space between insulation and roof would be better. Also have some screen ventilation.
Thank you for the advice, Bryan. I'll consider allowing for an air space and ventilation when I build.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I really like this picture. It radiates the comfort of a well built trapline cabin.