As you can see from the area this wolf did not struggle long. It was over in minutes. The snare cuts off their air supply and they just pass out.
| Nice young male Wolf |
It is plus 4 C and this Wolf was caught last night. So to stop the stomach acid from tainting the hide I opened up the cavity and stuffed it with snow. I will skin it first thing tomorrow.
I see that you used the Skandic SWT for your trapline run; did the fuel line assembly changeout resolve the starting issues? http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/319399-v-800-crankcase-vent-improved-routing/ this is a brp ski-doo forum site that I've used a couple times to check for Skandic issues. The address I've indicated shows a crankcase breather modification to prevent oil coming out the breather and into the air box if the machine is tipped on it's side (had this happen to me last winter).
ReplyDeleteOur dog passed out within thirty seconds, pulling hard on a leash and choke collar. With a snare like this with no give, it would be very quick indeed.
ReplyDelete