With a Chainsaw, a grub hoe and real determination a way can be made. This remote location in northern BC Canada is quite the challenge...but it is keeping us young.
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Getting Rid of the Pesty Flea
First thing Bryan does when we get back from checking the Line is to put 3 Marten on the top rack with a 1/2" piece of lite coil about 1 1/2 feet below them. He lets them sit in the covered box for 15 minutes and them takes them out and adds the next patch. He does this with squirrels and weasels also. He uses a small pair of wise grips to hold the small piece of mosquito coil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Another very timely post ... thank you. I've never much worried about the fleas, they don't bother me at all. But I caught a marten a couple days ago that was just loaded with fleas, there must have been at least 20 that abandoned ship while I was skinning. It got me thinking about my neighbouring trapper, Carl, that tosses his marten in a garbage bag and sprays a dose of Raid into the bag. I never much cared for the idea of spraying raid on my marten, but I used mosquito coils several times this summer to clear mosquitoes and no-see-ums out of the old line cabin I was working out of and never thought of using them to get rid of fleas.
ReplyDeleteThanks again!